The software allows the calculation of deformation of several coaxial shafts in combination with nonlinear bearing stiffness of rolling bearings. In addition to deformations, forces, moments, equivatent stress and bearing life also the strength according DIN 743 and natural frequencies can be calculated (optional with gyroscopic effect).
The MESYS Rolling bearing calculation according ISO/TS 16281 and the MESYS Ball screw calculation are fully integrated into the shaft calculation. All results for the rolling bearings and the ball screws are available in the shaft calculation.
The calculation offers:
- Definition of several coaxial shafts using cylindrical or conical elements for inner and outer geometry
- Definition of loadings using force/moment loads or easy-to-use elements like helical gears, bevel gears or worm gears
- Definition of rigid supports, springs or nonlinear rolling bearings as constraints
- Import of shaft geometry as 2D-DXF or 3D-STEP
- Calculation of statically indetermined systems
- Calculation of deformations considering shear deformations, axial deformation and using a nonlinear beam model
- Calculation of natural frequencies optionally with gyroscopic effect, Campbell diagram, critical speeds, 3D animation of modal shapes
- Calculation of harmonic response to periodic loads like Imbalance
- Calculation of harmonic response to periodic displacements
- Calculation using load spectra
- Strength calculation according DIN 743 (2012)
- Integration of rolling bearing calculation according ISO/TS 16281
- Integration of ball screw calculation
- Selection of rolling bearings from database or own input of bearing geometry. Bearing databases with catalog data from SKF and Schaeffler (FAG, INA) are included,
- Diagrams for deformation, forces, moments, equivalent stress
- Parameter variations with output as tables and diagrams
- Definition of coupled housing stiffness matrices
- Import of housing geometry as 3D-STEP with automatic meshing and consideration as housing stiffness matrix (and optionally by modal reduction)
- 3D-elastic parts with consideration of deformations of bearing rings
- Possibility for extension into system calculation including gear connections
For a first impression both a Video and a Tutorial are available. For more information about the features take a look at the Software documentation. A demo version can be found under Downloads. The calculation software is available in English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Korean and Japanese language.